Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 LTZ and it starts and idles fine but when I hit the throttle the revs won't come up and it pops out and shoots flames through the exhaust. Recently I changed the wiring harness and cdi, I cleaned the carb really well, new plug, fresh gas, checked cam chain timing. Also I have a nice spark when cranking. PS: I also eliminated the buttons that come stock to start, to turn on/off the quad and the lights to a kill switch and a starter button. Can it be related? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
4,143 Posts
Sounds like jetting to me. Stock carb? What jets do you have? Adjustable needle or stock? What kind of air filter? What elevation?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, stock carb. I don't what the jets are but I never changed them and I have the quad for three years. I just bought a fcr 39 from a yfz to put in there but I didn't have the time yet.

·
Super Moderator
4,143 Posts
Jets get a varnish on them over time and it closes the hole a little which drastically hurts performance. I usually have to replace mine every year since it’s cheaper than buying the chem dip to soak them in. Carb cleaner won’t even phase that varnish. Not guaranteeing it’s your problem, but it’s a good possibility.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts