Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new to the forum. I just got a 2005 ltz 400 but it now wont start. The reverse light wont turn off and the neutral light is on as well. The shifter is in neutral. Could I maybe just cut the red wire on the neutral switch?

·
Super Moderator
4,638 Posts
Sounds like several problems. It should start with the clutch pulled in no matter what gear it’s in.

·
Super Moderator
4,638 Posts
Either a fried neutral switch (gear position sensor) or fried harness. Even if you got it running, the reverse rev limiter would probably limit you to 1,500 rpm. Check the switch with a multimeter:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Either a fried neutral switch (gear position sensor) or fried harness. Even if you got it running, the reverse rev limiter would probably limit you to 1,500 rpm. Check the switch with a multimeter:
Ok thanks I'll try to do that and I'll let you know what happens

·
Super Moderator
4,638 Posts
I don’t think so. I think you have to jumper one of the wires to the other to make it work, but can’t remember which ones. If you search for reverse rev limiter bypass”, you might find some info on it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I looked up how to bypass the reverse. I found someone who said all you have to do is cut the red wire from the neutral switch. Can anyone verify this?

·
Super Moderator
4,638 Posts
I just searched and read the same post. That comment was followed by quite a few that said it doesn’t work. This one works and I did it on my ‘05: Disable Reverse Rev Limiter

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just searched and read the same post. That comment was followed by quite a few that said it doesn’t work. This one works and I did it on my ‘05: Disable Reverse Rev Limiter
I'm not sure if this will fix my problem. My problem is that the reverse light and natural light is on when I turn the quad on. So it thinks it's in reverse and wont start.

·
Super Moderator
4,638 Posts
If you mean all of the lights come on when you turn on the key (before starting), that’s normal to let you know the lights work. It took me awhile, but I finally found of random video that shows it:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well when I turned it on before only the neutral light would come on and it would start, but now when I turn it on both the neutral and reverse lights come and it wont do anything when I push the button.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts