Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am riding a 04 Suzuki ltz 400, not much for mods besides being jetted, slip-on, and no airbox lid. Welll my buddy is going to pick up a 01' Honda 400 ex with basically the same mods but smaller jetting than mine tonight. He weighs about 225, and I weigh about 250.

Who do you think will win?? It's been killing me all day wondering if I will still have the fastest quad out of my friends haha

Any thoughts???

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
depends on where you ride, rider experience, gearing, and proper timing. can you beat him? yes. will you? depends on you :)

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Unless all u do is road race, all u gottagotta be able to do is out ride him.

P.S......don't let him best ya ;)

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
The ltz all day long. U could beat an ex with a full pipe and proper jetting with a stock z. There really isn't a comparison.. apples to oranges.. I had 3 buddies sell their ex's after I got my quad.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hahah I like what I am hearing. Yeah I definitely have more riding experience. I am just curious on a straight paved road, with same gearing, who would take it. Lol I guess we will find out later tonight!! Id just be ****** off Suzuki owner lol. Ill be sure to let you all know the outcome later.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I already know the outcome.. start out in 2nd gear to really piss the ex guy off...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well nothing pisses off a guy more than buying a $2,000 wheeler and first time he rides it he gets smoked by my ltz :) poor guy.. LTZ ALL DAY

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
$2,000 for a 12 yr old fugly outdated ex? I bought a 01' dodge stratus car with tinted windows, stereo system, new tires, and only 138,000 miles on it for 2,000. I feel sorry for your friend :cool:

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
$2,000 for a 12 yr old fugly outdated ex? I bought a 01' dodge stratus car with tinted windows, stereo system, new tires, and only 138,000 miles on it for 2,000. I feel sorry for your friend :cool:
That has to be the best response I have read in a long time!! Congrats Pullido!!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
hahahaha i agree.. 2 G's for an 01 ex? what a joke

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I think he payed like 1800 for it but still!! I payed 1900 for my 04 Z. I wouldn't pay $100 for an ex. but thats me. He is a Honda fan, but me on the other hand....SUZUKIIII

·
Registered
962 Posts
Just a little extra, Sunday I was at the track riding my dirt bike. My buddy has a Z and he had a buddy with a ex. Well we know for sure the EX had a 440 kit and pipe and the Z had unknown work but I don't think it had a 440/434 kit. Anyways I got to ride them both a good bit. The Z was just so much better to me. Handling,power,you name it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, I don't think I like anything besides the Z. So does anyone else feel like the EX, Raptor, YFZ, and TRX all feel smaller body wise?? When I ride my Z it seems so roomy and it feels like a big machine. For some reason when I rode my friends EX and my other buddys YFZ they seemed smaller. Just like I was riding a mini or something.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I'm 6'2" so a stock yfz is a lil cramped for me. The Honda 450s are nice tho. I didn't care much for the kfx450s. Seat felt like a 2x6 and the suspension was stiff! Raptor are torque monsters but really wide pegs.. I like the ktms too. Never rode a ds or an ltr...

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
They are pretty roomy...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts