Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm sure you guys are sick of this question by now. I can't find much on the ltz250's regarding spark issues.

So here is what I have a 2006 LTZ 250 quadsport with no signal from the CDI I have the manual but has absolutely zero wiring diagrams. I have went through the trouble shooting for the ignition system 3 times already. Everything checked out except excessive battery leakage which was remedied with a new rectifier. PROCOM has helped me with some advise and says CDI's rarely fail showing no spark. This is my second CDI and its not an ebay cheap one. I pulled apart the wiring harness and ohmed the entire thing. I was getting a bunch of .5 ohm wires. In my line of work this is acceptable resistance and rarely effects anything. Quad turns over only in neutral which tells me the safety switch works. It ohms 0's on all pins. The kill switch was cut up to supply constant power to the CDI. Stator ohms .5, pickup ohms 117.1 but I don't have an adapter for my MM to test peak voltage. Timing is correct and keyway is not sheared. Coil ohms 18k at plug and .2 from terminal to terminal. CDI supplies ground to the coil and even fluctuates when cranking but does not send a positive signal.

Sorry for the unorganized message. I'm new to quads so please break me in easy.

·
::3 Pump Chump!::
3,033 Posts
I would say change our the cheap ebay CDI and try it again. Maybe look for a used one or something.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts