Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm buying an engine from a member in this forum, it's afrom a 03 and I have a 2005 frame with everything else 2005 (wires and connectors)

Do I need to get anything special to make it fit in a 2005? I mean is the wire harness exactly the same and all!?

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
They changed the wiring harness in 2005.. other than that, everything should be the same

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
I don't believe so. Someone correct me if Im wrong but if Im not mistaken the only thing that changed on the wiring harness from 03/04 models to 05+ models was the CDI plug is different. So your 05 wiring harness should work just fine.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
The wiring harness should work as long as you still use your 05 electronics which I assume you would.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought a 03 CDI dynatek so DOH!!!! But it's ok he made me sweet deal on the wiring harness :)

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Do you have the tps on the 05? If so you will not have a plug for that in the 03 harness but, it's no big deal to run with out it.

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
Not sure the fcr's tps will plug in, but either way you don't need it.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
What is sold and paid for has already been shipped, I was maybe thinking of giving you a free Solenoid with you'r payment back or just sending everything out as promised. If I do that then I will have to rebuy everything full price from the dealer which would be very ridiculous on my end. I still din't get you'r money order so until then I'm just trying to figure it out...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts