Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I was wondering what mods are worth getting for more power like a intake and exhaust and jetting and what are people running also what exhaust are loud and aggressive sounding?

·
Super Moderator
4,744 Posts
The Z is jetted very lean from the factory. Removing the snorkel and airbox lid will usually improve airflow enough that you’ll have to raise both the pilot and main jet. Other than that, it depends on how much money you have burning a hole in your pocket.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The Z is jetted very lean from the factory. Removing the snorkel and airbox lid will usually improve airflow enough that you’ll have to raise both the pilot and main jet. Other than that, it depends on how much money you have burning a hole in your pocket.
Look for old stage two cams

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I'm looking into that I will be opening up the motor closer to winter when I won't be riding as much and see about going for a big bore kit I just want to have the other mods right before I do it

·
Super Moderator
4,744 Posts
If you are going to put a big bore or stroker crank in it, do it all at once before you do things like jetting, porting/polishing the head, etc. You’ll just have to do them over again after any engine work.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I got way more motor after polishing, porting head and the cams vs big bore kit. But now I got both yoshi exhaust is a plus too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts