Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, there I have recently bought a 2007 Ltz400, For the first while it was running 100%. One day when I took it out it began spluttering popping and backfiring [as if hitting the rev limiter] in top gear When I stopped and started it again the bike was running fine again but soon after the spluttering moved down into lower gears.

I cleaned the carburetor and filters in the fuel tank. When I put it back together again it was only spluttering in neutral, But soon later it began the same sputtering popping and backfiring [as if hitting the rev limiter] in both first and top gear.

Does anyone have any ideas what this might be?
Thanks in advance any help is greatly appreciated.
[ I will let you all know what the problem was if I solve it to help any future readers]

·
Super Moderator
3,788 Posts
Try searching for this problem, but I would be looking at the contacts in the gear position sensor..

Reactions: niallsmith2017

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try searching for this problem, but I would be looking at the contacts in the gear position sensor..
I drained oil, and took out sensor and cleaned it with petrol and a cloth. Put it back in, filled her with oil and and tried her out. Working perfectly not a bother in any gear. Thanks alot amcf18 for the help!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts