Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 03 ltz400, rode it for a week after buying it ran fine. put it away one night, went out to ride it 3 days later and it bouncing off the reverse rev limiter in all forward gears. Bought a used "performance" cdi same exact thing no matter where i set the rev limit too on the new box. read up how to disable the reverse rev limiter, checked it many times did continuity checks everything looks and tests perfect. still no change. check timing, spot on. checked plug perfect with nice blue spark. check continuitys on the gear switch even though i had disabled the reverse rev limiter but it passed so switch is all good. i have read through many threads and tried everything i have been able to find and still has the same issue that just magically happened over sitting in a shed for 3 days. Any ideas or am i totally screwed.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I would say it would have to be the shift sensor is dirty or no good. I'm guessing it is stuck in the neutral position.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea i think if the switch was bad it would make the light stay on. the light for the reverse and neutral work exactly how there suposed to. i had a thought, does the gear switch send voltage to the cdi box or is it just a continuity thing, like ohms.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its a four wire switch one for forward and reverse gears and neutral then another wire that gives continuity when in the proper gear position.

·
Registered
6 Posts
hey busa any luck with this? i have the same thing happening but not an overnight gremlin. it s a 06 kfx 400 bought it beat up not running with half the bike pulled apart. its all back together fires right up but im losing spark like the rev limit is kicking in idles like a champ tho haha. hooked a timing light up to it and its def loosing spark. it has a new moose racing cdi (which i sent in an came back good) and jet kit, ricky stator pickup, used yoshi exhaust. tested the gear selector (neutral) switch its right on. next thing im thinking is checking for a broke wire from the neutral switch. any ideas?

·
Registered
9 Posts
hey busa any luck with this? i have the same thing happening but not an overnight gremlin. it s a 06 kfx 400 bought it beat up not running with half the bike pulled apart. its all back together fires right up but im losing spark like the rev limit is kicking in idles like a champ tho haha. hooked a timing light up to it and its def loosing spark. it has a new moose racing cdi (which i sent in an came back good) and jet kit, ricky stator pickup, used yoshi exhaust. tested the gear selector (neutral) switch its right on. next thing im thinking is checking for a broke wire from the neutral switch. any ideas?
Did you fix this problem I’m having it too

1 - 8 of 8 Posts