Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2003 suzuki ltz400 big bore
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So redoing valves and planning to mild port/polish, I noticed one of my exhaust guides is a bit high...

Guides are in great and have no play so shouldn't need replaced as far as im concerned.... Can I use an old valve as a guide and a socket and just tap this back down??? Valves were def shot... Surprised the valve guide has no play!

I did a search and couldn't find much. Found a YouTube video of a guy doing it... Had a fair bit of thumbs down though (but he kept going back and forth with it too)

Help please
Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Fluid Tire

·
Registered
2003 suzuki ltz400 big bore
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So redoing valves and planning to mild port/polish, I noticed one of my exhaust guides is a bit high...

Guides are in great and have no play so shouldn't need replaced as far as im concerned.... Can I use an old valve as a guide and a socket and just tap this back down??? Valves were def shot... Surprised the valve guide has no play!

I did a search and couldn't find much. Found a YouTube video of a guy doing it... Had a fair bit of thumbs down though (but he kept going back and forth with it too)

Help please View attachment 50023
So... Took deep socket on backside of valve and hit it back down a bit. Socket sat nice on the guide rounded edge...

Hopefully it doesn't move again I guess. Assuming since my last valves were so bad, the constant carbon buildup and engine vacuum sucked it up a bit.
Hard to see in last pic but it's sitting pretty close to where it should.

Automotive tire Bicycle part Motor vehicle Wheel Finger
Automotive tire Fluid Rim Automotive wheel system Gas

1 - 2 of 2 Posts