Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 ltz400 . just bought a brand new jet kit with a 165 main jet and 22.5 pilot(stock)I have a fmf powerbomb pipe and a hmf silencer. With stock air box. It is not getting full power or barely any power at 1/2 throttle to WOT it just cracks and pops. Do I need to put in a 180 main jet or a new throttle positioning sensor.

·
Super Moderator
4,744 Posts
What clip is the needle on?
Are they DynoJet jets or keihin/Mikuni?
what elevation are you at?

·
Super Moderator
3,497 Posts
TPS doesn't do anything. Not familiar with that kit, but if you are stock with the lid on, I bet you are too rich. Just take the lid off and try it quick.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried that last night but it still has a popping noise when giving throttle, but has full power, I believe that the power bomb is supposed to make a little popping noise when I let off the gas but it also pops when I am giving throttle.

·
Super Moderator
4,744 Posts
Raise the needle to the 3rd clip. That should help. It does sound a bit rich on the main, should be a 150 or 155 in DJ numbers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alrighty I’ll try that. But I took off the spark plug and it didn’t smell rich at all and the silencer is almost dry not wet at all.

·
Super Moderator
4,744 Posts
What color was it? I bet it was like black powder.
Pulling the airbox lid gives you a little more air. If it ran better with the lid off, that tells you it’s too rich.

·
Super Moderator
4,744 Posts
What you’re looking for is like a caramel color. You’re close, but still sounds a little rich to me.

·
Super Moderator
4,744 Posts
I would. If it’s rich enough that you’re losing power, it may be more than one size off.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I tried the 155 jet and it ran like **** again what do you think I should do now shoukf I put the 165 jet in or the 170

·
Super Moderator
4,744 Posts
Did you raise the needle?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I tried the needle at 4 with the 155 and at 3 with 155 then I ran the 170 with 5 down and it ran beautifully. It didn’t crack or pop at all

·
Super Moderator
4,744 Posts
Wow, never heard of a needle on the 5th clip, but whatever works! Keep an eye on your plug color, though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts