Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The OEM Lug nuts don't fit right, The tapped part of the OEM lug nut is not deep enough and causes the nut part to hit the wheel, has anyone else had this same problem with the Douglas Ultimate Billet Beadlocks. If so what brand of lug nuts did you get? All the other lug nuts I’ve seen appear to be the same taper as OEM.

·
Registered
161 Posts
hey i like your screen name, but back to the subject are the holes in the douglas rims counter-sunk like the stock rims?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I was able to get some larger tapered lug nuts that will work till I order the ones that Douglas Wheels sells for the Ultimate wheel, a set of four for $11.00

·
Registered
281 Posts
I have those exact wheels and had the exact problem. i ordered itp chrome lug nuts from rocky mountain atv. they were only 1.00 a piece compared to 5.00 a piece at NAPA.
the fit is almost perfect

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah it figures that after I waited two weeks for the wheels and tires to come in that I find out that advertisers say in fine print that the Ultimate Billets must use Douglas Wheels lug nuts. I did call and order two sets (8 Lugs) from Douglas and they didn't charge me for them!

Dezertfreak how are they holding up? I haven't ridden with mine yet, seems like a lot of dirt and mud will get stuck behind the beadlock, are they holding the shine?

·
Registered
281 Posts
i havent had a problem yet, and yeah you will get alot of mud and dirt stuck in there. water also when you wash it. mine still shine like they are new
those wheels are just short of bulletproof. imo

·
Registered
57 Posts
rims

Dam they look smooth, definatly going to have to order some..........
where is the cheapest place to order....

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks. :D
I went riding with them for the first time yesterday at Elbe Hills in Washington where there’s a lot of hills and large rocks, the wheels and tires where awesome not a mark on them and after washing them just like new, they really shine up good and the tires really hook up, they eliminate a lot of tire spin.
I think that Rocky Mountain ATV has some of the best prices for wheels and tires although I don’t know if they carry the Douglas wheels Lug nuts,
I wanted to make payments on my wheels so I had Les Schwab order them, I paid a little more but the payments are a little more affordable right now.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I wanted to make payments on my wheels so I had Les Schwab order them, I paid a little more but the payments are a little more affordable right now.

:?: What is Les Schwab. I wet to there web site and they did not have any ATV tires or wheels. Did they special order them for you or something.[/quote]

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Kawazuki78 Les Schwab is a tire center doesn't look like there are any in Texas. All they sell is tires and wheels they stock some generic atv tires and the standard Douglas wheels so they had to special order mine. You could try like a Firestone or a Goodyear tire center and most likely they could order them also.

Rocky Mountain would probably be the best way to go, they would be cheaper, there web site doesn’t show the wheels but they show them in the Catalog.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Is the purpose of the beadlock to stop things from scratching the wheels?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Of what I understand the purpose of Beadlocks is to eliminate the tire spinning on the wheel and from the tire rolling off of the wheel which I have heard that it can be done in race conditions with the standard Douglas or ITP wheels. The Reinforcement ring/beadlock is also a stronger more durable edge which will resist bending more where as standard wheels will easily bend. I personally think that the beadlock looks better and like that’s it is more durable.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Beadlock rims

No, they are not down here in Texas. I would guess, from there web site that they are similar to a Discount Tire here. Kudos on the looks, and if you say that they perform better than thats a double threat. And the beadlock is to eliminate the tire spinning on the rim. they use them alot also in rock climbing applications in 4 wheel drive jeeps, trucks, ect....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts