Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have developed a pretty decent tick in my fourwheeler, that I believe is either from a stretched timing chain or my valves need re shimmed.

I haven’t checked the shims. Starts easy unless it’s cold or it sucks too much gas and not enough air from the fcr but starts relatively easy. Sometimes just as soon as u hit the button

My question(s) is: How tight do you get the manual tensioner? The actual bolt pushing on the chain guide... not the nuts on the bolt..

Also, how can you tell if it’s indeed your cam chain and it’s stretched or so on? Is it just replacing and seeing if that fixes it?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Tick at idle* bad at idle, can’t really tell when you rev it up bc the pipe is so loud... I have a video of it idling and pulling itself but I don’t think I can post

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also: (not sure if this has anything to do with it) sometimes it’ll “choke out” when punching the throttle at a idle... punching, but fluctuating the throttle, meaning on and off, on and off, etc......just once in a while. Like it doesn’t get gas or gets too much and not enough air.... but after that just one or maybe two times, doesn’t do it.

Fcr 39, 180 main, 50 pilot. Rest in in signature

Don’t know if this is any relation to the ticking problem? Just think it’s a carb issue.. only does it once in a while: prob most the time on a cold start, right after warm up

·
Registered
147 Posts
about the mcct( tensioner), u supposed to bolt it by the 2 allen bolt to the cylinder head then start turning it in, while u feel some tension , so u touching the cam chain guide , then start the bike , and turning it slowly in till u dont hear ratheling , sherch it in the forum/web , there is couple of post bout it,
about chain strech, as far as i know , u can se if it streched by the oem cam chain tensioner, not enough clcks left, and by timing mark if they are in right place or not.
i had also once this thicking prob and i thought it was the chain, turn out to be -too much oil , check if u have some oil coming from the hose of the breather in the black box,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts