Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, talked to bob about drilling the hole in the inner disc and he had talked to the manufactor and guy's and suggested to drill it out to 1/2 of a inch. we have a 7/16 inch hole in there now. this will allow the engine to rev higher and get more top end. couple things to keep in mind. one you will probably have to re-jet and he said people with the stock carb have had to move the needle to the 4th groove on some ocasions.

now, i did this and first off drilling the hole is kinda a w00ter cuz you have to get an extension. once i did that and used my air drill it was cake. i have a race carb so after i did this i tuned it in the garage buy adjusting the pump to shoot more full on the top end.(my carb rules) then i changed to the next jet size higher and all i have had a chance to do is rev it in the garage and tune it that way. it got a little louder but who cares and let me tell you. just from tuning it on the stand and reving it out it is NUTZZZZZZZ!! i mean it revs REALLY hard and alot faster...

i have no clue yet how it is going to run and pull and top end gained, but the rev alone was worth it. just something to consider. and remember, you will have to re-dial the carb and possibly re-gear as to not hit the rev limiter but if you play with it a bit more, you can get ALOT more out of this full system...i'm stoked to ride.....probably be in a couple weeks and i'll let you guy's know how it went

L8r

·
Registered
384 Posts
come down and drill mine out you sand nazi lol :love
:

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
soooo you want me to pack up the air compressor hoses air tools and drive to north bend.....and not ride.......like i said before.......you bring it down and i'll be happy to do any work for ya!!!! :)
: :)

sand nazi.........thats good.......

·
Registered
384 Posts
hey ill let you ride after were done lol.
: , im only 10 minutes from boxcar 8O

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
You can't really tune on a bench revving in the garage. You need a dyno or be riding on ground. Plug checks should be done with resistance on the engine. Just FYI.

G

·
Im sure he is just doing it to get it in the ballpark so he wont have to spend hours on it at the dunes when he should be riding. :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Big Air, are you saying to remove the spark arrester, get an extra long 1/2" drill bit, and drill out something inside there? What about all the metal shavings? I don't want to screw up the pipe.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bvstone......thanks for trying to keep me safe but i fully understand that. since i ride at sea level and live at 700 feet or so and it has been raining like a son of a gun.i am ballparking like ballistic said and i'll tune at the dunes...appreciate you looking out for us though. i can tell already that even with not being 100 % dialed this thing rev's out twice as hard..... and that's what i was looking for

GBskunk... take the slip on part off of your Z. take a couple of towels or what ever and put it in a vice clamping onto the pipe right up againist the muffler.you don't have to tighten it down much and if you have a buddy have him hold the other end. i don't have a spark arrester.but if you do and it comes out easy enough(may want to ask sandlovinz400, he knows how to take it out i think) get it off there and you'll see a inner disc with a 7/16 hole in it. get a GOOD 1/2 high speed metal drill bit and a extension. then simply drill out the 7/16 hole to 1/2.after that take it to the hose or wash sink and run some simple green with water through it, this will take out all the shavings.if you have a air compressor blow it out afterwards and your golden.i also ran a hair dryer in there to take the mositure out put it back on and your set.....

let me know if you have any other questions........this mod is well worth it to me so far!!!!

·
Registered
399 Posts
powertech 4 exhausts are sealed up....there is no spark arrestor to take out

·
Registered
384 Posts
powertech 4 exhausts are sealed up....there is no spark arrestor to take out[/b]
i beg to differ i have the removeable spark arrestor, maybe there is a non removeable one, but mine comes out with 4 screws, even though ive never used it yet.

·
Registered
399 Posts
hmm thats weird i never saw that.....but then again i was one of the very first to order one....i ordered as soon as bob craycraft posted on the site bout em and mine doesnt have 4 screws but it doesnt matter...i would like to see a pic of the ones with removable spark arrestors

·
Registered
384 Posts
ask and ye shall recieve
:

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
dude is that bubble rap!!!!!! like it's not even on the quad yet!!!!!!!

man am i disappointed.......
: 8O
: 8O
:
:

·
Registered
384 Posts
dude is that bubble rap!!!!!! like it's not even on the quad yet!!!!!!!

man am i disappointed.......
:  8O  :lol:  8O  :lol:  :lol:[/b]
really its not even my pic
: . i stole it off a post from bob on atv connection 8O . look at the properties of the pic. im a bandwidth stealer
: . if the boss would stop stroking it :wave and get my pics in the gallery youd see that bad boy on the bike

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok dude...thank you.......if you would have had that thing this long and not had it in the bike yet.........well lets just say my image of you would have been less
:
:
: 8)

·
Registered
384 Posts
heres a pic but you cant see the pipe too good.

·
Registered
739 Posts
How does the sound of the MRBP compare to the other pipes you have herd? I'm going to get one cause I herd they are the quietest. Also how much louder did drilling out the inside make it? Thanks in advance!!! :homer

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
How does the sound of the MRBP compare to the other pipes you have herd? I'm going to get one cause I herd they are the quietest. Also how much louder did drilling out the inside make it? Thanks in advance!!! :homer[/b]
it sounds pretty good to me. nice and deep and throaty. it got a little louder after drill the hole out but the rev and gain in the top end was well worth it!! you will still be one of the quietiest out there with really nice performance.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts