Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. The other day, I was driving down a local road and I found a LTR for sale. I found it on craigslist and it turns out to be an 07, has the cherry bomb, full skids, and extra tires all for $3200. However, the engine was rebuilt a couple years ago with a high compression piston and valves. It turns out, the mechanic who did the engine has worked on all the quads my family has owned since forever. So... I'm gonna talk to my dad about it, call the mechanic up to see if he has any extra details, and see what happens.

I might have a new ride this weekend, but it's going to be hard to get rid of the Z.

What do you guys think? Should I go for it if it seems everything is in the clear? What should I look out for?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
where are you at in PA? DO IT.. assuming its a clean LTR that runs good. I had an 08 Z too and I just sold it for 2900, hopefully you could sell yours for that much and offer 3k for the LTR...

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm from Port Royal. Pretty much smack dab in the middle between State College and Harrisburg. I'm going to call and talk to him tomorrow, probably going to go look at it on Saturday. I hope everything works out, but after closer inspection of the pics, it looks a little rough around the edges and the engine work kinda scares me...

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
There is one here for $2800 with 18's and beedlocks, I wish I had $2800 right now.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I'd probably do it. On my corner of the state there are a bunch of 400's for sale...not so many LTR's. You can always find a deal on a 400, not so much the LTR's.

·
Registered
79 Posts
TimmyZ I'm from fannettsburg, about 45 minutes down route 75 from you.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Haha. This is crazy. So may PA guys on this site.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
If you can do it, go for it. FamouZ let me borrow his Lt-r for two full day rides and holy crap those bikes are incredible. I absolutely love my z434 and I'll never get rid of her, but when the day comes to make an lt-r my main ride I won't hesitate lol.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I called the guy and I'll be going to check it out tomorrow. Hopefully everything checks out. What should I be looking for in a used quad like this?

·
::3 Pump Chump!::
3,013 Posts
3200 for a ltr get it now before the price goes higher

·
3,013 Posts
I called the guy and I'll be going to check it out tomorrow. Hopefully everything checks out. What should I be looking for in a used quad like this?
if it falls threw ill sell you my practice xc ltr lol ;)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the offer Tyler.

·
3,013 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well guys, no LTR for me... :(

I met with the guy and he showed me the quad and wow was that thing in bad condition. The plastic was cracked and torn off of the mounts in some places, the handle bars were bent, the clutch lever was wrapped with electrical tape, the rear grab bar was broken off... but it just got worse. My dad noticed a fresh oil spot on the ground under the drain plug, then I removed the seat to check out the intake and the air filter. I swear the air filter was never cleaned. There was so much dirt and other crap stuck to the filter it made me wonder how that thing could even breathe... I think I pissed the guy off by saying "I would think if you were going to sell something you would clean it up a little..."

Needless to say, he promptly kicked me out of the garage, slammed the door down, and stormed into the house. I wasn't even able to ask him any tough questions or offer him $500 for it. :rolleyes: Oh well. I guess the good ole' Z shall ride on.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sucks that deal fell apart. I have seen 1 or 2 on craigslist by me. In Northeast PA. Hopefully you can find a better one soon.

·
Registered
815 Posts
i know ppl r always trying to sell things that r horribly dirty.......why not clean it.....lol

·
3,013 Posts
it just wasnt ment to be. good thing you didnt impulse buy.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Damn, sucks the bike turned out to be crap. But ya know what it's probably better he didn't clean it when he tried to sell it, wouldn't be able to try and lie to you about the bike's condition.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Same thing happened to me a month ago, went with a buddy to look at a raptor and bearings were loose, air filter was trashed, oil leaked from valve cover, and the carbs leaked....went to pull in the clutch to start and had to use my whole hand to do so....toldy buddy right in front of the guy that he needed to find a better.quad....told the guy i wasn't gonna throw am offer out cause i didnt wanna insult him, we left pretty quick once it finally started sounded like it was gonna blow lol

1 - 20 of 32 Posts