Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone!

I have had a hard time getting the right main jet in my Z. The weird part is this. I took my stock 130 main jet out of my carb and went to my local dealer to replace it with a larger jet. The salesman accidentally gave me Keihin brand jets (which are about twice as long) and I used those in my Z. I knew they didn't look the same as stock but I've never changed jets before so I thought the larger orifice you got the actual body of the jet could be longer too. WRONG! The problem is I went back to my dealer and they showed me the box of Mikuni jets they had. They looked exactly like my stock jet (length) but they absolutely wouldn't thread in my carb. The threads were too large. ALL of the Mikuni jets were too large of threads but the Keihin ones screwed in perfectly. I know I have a Mikuni carb and not a Keihin! I'M REALLY CONFUSED!!! The dealerships typical response was that they didn't know what the problem was and they wanted me to bring the bike in to have them look at it. What's going on?

·
Registered
412 Posts
mikuni makes a couple different styles you have to use the small round type main jet

1 - 2 of 2 Posts