Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a bunch of searches trying to find out exactly what "pull choke" to order, and came up with a few threads that had mixed information or didn't include links so i figured i would create this thread to make it easier for somone else trying to do this mod.

You can order the pull choke online from advantage cycle, this link will take you directly to the pull choke needed for a ltz400. I paid 16$ with shipping from advantage. Advantage Cycle - Part - Mikuni Pull Choke

Or you can call your local suzuki dealership to order a pull choke from a 1993 Suzuki DR650. It is 4 parts, every place that i talked to quoted me at 24-25$ but they all had to order it.

I also looked on Ebay, i found them by searching "ltz400 choke" it was being sold for $15.00 shipped.

At first i was going to order it from ebay because it was cheapest, but after reading through a bunch of the forums alot of people recommended advantage cycle, so i went ahead and ordered from them. I was willing to pay the 25$ from a local dealership but no one had them in stock so either way it had to be ordered.

Hope someone else finds this usefull.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I ordered on off ebay. I havnt used it yet but if wasnt bad quality!

I made one out of a skrew driver, I grinded a slot in it to slid in the choke needle it was awesome it worked, I wish I had a pic of it, you guys would laugh!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got my Pull choke in the mail today from Advantage Cycle, Only took 3 days to get it. Works like a champ! (it's kind of a pain in the a$$ trying to tighten it up while the carb is installed on the bike, the wrench doesn't fit that well.. Just waiting on a few more parts so i can ditch the stock bars & black blob.

Also.. for anyone wondering why you would do the pull choke mod, It makes it so you can get rid of the choke control on the handlebars if and when you put aftermarket bars or want to get rid of all that extra blob on the bars, plus eliminates the fact of one less cable seizing up or freezing in cold weather.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Yea it really is a pain in the a$$ to get tightened up!

·
Registered
12 Posts

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
less is more, less at the handlebar area is better. Good mod I have one too.

·
Administrator
12,447 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
No I was just saying that is where i got mine. The link is off my phone that is why its weird

1 - 15 of 15 Posts