Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seen a chart showing that the jet sizes or numbers are different when comparing mikuni and dynojet jets. I just want to make sure I get it right or closer to right the next time I work on this carb. I have a dynojet kit coming, and here is how I plan to set it up.

Needle, 3rd clip position from the top(dyno)
Main jet 160 (dynojet)
Pilot jet 25 (mikuni)
Mixture screw (2.5 turns out)
Here is how it is now with bog at high rpm
Needle (stock with shim equaling 1 clip position down)
Main jet (146 not sure brand)
Pilot jet (27.5 not sure brand)
Mixture screw (3 turns out)
Machine is stock with yoshi slip on, k&n air filter and breathable air box cover.

·
Administrator
7,841 Posts
I seen a chart showing that the jet sizes or numbers are different when comparing mikuni and dynojet jets. I just want to make sure I get it right or closer to right the next time I work on this carb. I have a dynojet kit coming, and here is how I plan to set it up.

Needle, 3rd clip position from the top(dyno)
Main jet 160 (dynojet)
Pilot jet 25 (mikuni)
Mixture screw (2.5 turns out)
Here is how it is now with bog at high rpm
Needle (stock with shim equaling 1 clip position down)
Main jet (146 not sure brand)
Pilot jet (27.5 not sure brand)
Mixture screw (3 turns out)
Machine is stock with yoshi slip on, k&n air filter and breathable air box cover.

Your plan sounds good, but I think your main will be a little big. I'd use the main recommended by dynojet. A vented lid will need a slightly smaller main if it's any different at all from what they recommend. I like to set the fuel screw with it idling. If you have the tools to pull that off, I strongly recommend it.

Here is a chart comparing jet sizes. I've found it to be helpful.

aefd709b-7cce-b81b.jpg

1 - 2 of 2 Posts