Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have finally started selling some stuff that I didn't need anymore on ebay. I am raising some money and want to make my Z go faster. I was wondering what I could do. My budget will be about a 1000.00 dollars. I know that to achieve a good deal of horsepower I am going to have to bore. What should I do to achieve more performance. I already have a pipe, filter, and jet kit. I guess that it is time to get into the motor.

Thanks,
llknowlesll

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was looking at the Alba Action website and they have a high compression JE Piston for the Z. The compression is 12:1 and it can be used on pump gas. You can get it 4mm over. Which would give a 94mm piston. That is real close to a 440. Plus you get to keep pump gas. Would this be a good thing to do or not??

Thanks,
llknowlesll

·
Registered
439 Posts
I'm also looking at the piston kit at Alba. It seems like a good kit and says it gives more horsepower by far. I emailed them and they said it'd work fine w/regular gas like it states and should give as good a boost as any other piston kit on the market.

Anyone think this would be a bad buy? I've been looking for a good piston setup b/c it's the only thing I have left for the big bore kit I ordered from all over and it seems to be the one I want.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts