Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we installed and have ridden my buddies kfx with a full muzzy exhaust, and it is the bomb.....I like it more than my yosh on my z....we used a 165 main...and it rips, looks awesome, and seems to make the bike run better than the yosh....a fairly noticable difference in the midrange mostly....anyways, i will probably be buying one for mine now

·
Registered
63 Posts
Where can i get more info on the muzzy.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
141 Posts
Is it louder than your yoshi?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah its louder than the yoshi, but more importantly it seems to put out more hp when riding it

·
Registered
63 Posts
im buyin a muzzy from youngstown. ill take a couple pics of it when it gets here. its goin on a kfx.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
they do have the prices wrong on the website...just go with the ltz prices, the kfx ones are too high

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Is there any difference in the Titanium Oval and the Aluminum canister/aka muffler? I'm talking in design or flow capabilities not weight. One combo they didn't have was the SS pipe with the Titanium Oval.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
it looks like an lrd exhaust

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Thought I would email them today and ask about the Titanium system and make them aware of the pricing error. Well instead of them marking the KFX system down to $399 like the Z400. They did the opposite and marked the Z400 up to $449. 8O :cussing And to top it off I still didn't get a answer as to the titanium exhaust. :roll:

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Since I like to listen to myself I'll pass this along :wink: Muzzy is doing a free shipping on all exhaust systems for a limtied time. That should save you $20-30 over the competition. Guess thats the route I'm going to go, now to convense them to drop that price back down to what is was advertised.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
are the muzzy prices less then the yoshi?[/b]
1017-00015 2003 LTZ-400 Stainless slip-on system w/aluminum canister 195.95
1017-00020 2003 LTZ-400 Stainless slip-on system w/oval titanium canister 309.95
1017-00014 2003 LTZ-400 Stainless exhaust system w/aluminum canister 449.95
1017-00019 2003 LTZ-400 Titanium exhaust system w/oval titanium canister 599.95

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Got my Muzzy system today. And I'm speachless. All I can say is WOW! I still have some small jetting issue's to sort out but thing runs like a totally different animal. The craftsmanship is just awesome too. And the weight of the entire system is under 9 pounds. Makes for a nice diet to the quad as well.

More to come as I get this sorted out a little better. Still feels a little weak up top but hopefully the intake cam takes care of that. I guess I shouldn't say weak, but the awesome pull down low tappers off at the higher rpms. Jetting may fix some of that as well.

Thanks Youngstownz!

·
Registered
63 Posts
YOUNGTOWNZ got me a great deal on a muzzy system also. ive got the same deal here, pulls hard as heck down low through mid, but lacks a little on top. let us know how the intake cam helps, im still not sure what my next engine mod will be.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
YOUNGTOWNZ got me a great deal on a muzzy system also. ive got the same deal here, pulls hard as heck down low through mid, but lacks a little on top. let us know how the intake cam helps, im still not sure what my next engine mod will be.[/b]
As a follow up the intake cam is completed and broke in. Still not 100% sure I'm right on with my cam alignment or valve lash but it's close if not dead on. Just a little more valve noise from the head area then with the stock cams. Not sure if it's a problem or just charateristic of the cam.

Anyway as for performance which is what everyone cares about. The upper midrange feels a bit stronger. There's a slight shift in the powerband. It doesn't kick quite as hard at low rpm but the pull runs higher into the rpms then it did before. Still has a flat spot near the top but not nearly as bad as the stock cam was.

I think it's a good trade-off in power. A small sacrafice in very bottomend for a good gain in midrange and high-midrange power.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hey guys, i'm glad to see you two are all satisfied with the pipe....get some pics up here of them if you can....and if anyone else on this site wants a deal on a muzzy...just send me a message....later, charlie

·
Registered
63 Posts
HERES A COUPLE PICS

1 - 20 of 32 Posts