Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a nice 2013 LTZ 400. It's in great condition but it's bone stock and I want to make it my own maybe someday, with practice I maybe can run in a couple of senior amateur GNCC types of races in the future. The problem I'm encountering is I have been looking to do the build from bolt on modifications to wheels and exhaust, power tuner, air box, etc and I was wondering can I also look at past years up to 2009 for a better selection of aftermarket parts. Does an airbox from 2010 fit on my 2013??? That's my question. Is there a website devoted to builds and questions like this one. I just am under pressure to get parts for my mechanic so I can get the quad ready for a big trip in August. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
as far as i'm concerned you are there

·
Registered
200 Posts
Unfortunately bud, you are stuck using parts from 09+. The bike design/build got a total overhaul in 09 to EFI and the dimensions of the entire bike changed, making it stand-alone from the 03-08 models. As with anything, you COULD make the parts fit, but you are better off just picking up parts for the EFI model, then you won't have to do any mods.

You are on the right track with your upgrade list:

Programmer
Exhaust
Intake
Head/valve work

1 - 4 of 4 Posts