Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i checked my oil today and found no oil on dip stick after running it i took a long screw driver down it to see how low it really was it came up 1.5 inch up a 6 inch driver (thats with out the handel) and the oil was a greenish grey which really worries me. any ideas? oh and it has synthetic oil in it

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
month and a half ago just checked it again it looks metaly isnt there a clutch cover recall

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
There is a recall on 05's, there's a sticky on it. Sounds like you've got coolant in your oil, which means either your clutch cover went, or you've got a head gasket leak. More than likely it's your clutch cover. Call up your local dealer, give them your vin # and ask if the recall is still open on yours, if it is, they'll repair it for free, and possibly any subsequent damage would be covered.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
yea its for 05's/06's. i had mine done not that long ago. it actually ate away and erroded 2 holes in the top of the cover. they replaced it free of charge and it performs great now

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
Of course, it's the same machine.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I don't think it could be the clutch cover. When that goes all your coolant goes into the oil and overflows the tank. There is no way it would be low. I know because mine failed in 05.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i called the dealer and the recall has already been done so wheres the best place to start looking to see whats up?

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
Check your cylinder head gasket

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok could i check my coolant to see if it has oil mix?

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
That would be a good idea as well, but if you're burning coolant, it's your head gasket. You're going to want to change your oil anyway after taking the head off.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Sounds like you've got a blown head gasket.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts