Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here is my plan for building horsepower:
Head port/polish, cams, 13.5 to 1 piston, CT or Sparks exhaust (assume sparks gets off his arse before I start buying), Edelbrock carb, aluminum air box, k&n with outerwear.

What do you all think of this set up? I am shooting for 45 engine horse but will be happy with 40 or more. This is going to be my sand/drag machine and probly wont see much trail time. I also want to gain more top speed. I keep getting killed in top end by my friends so gear will change to make more top end (looking for 80mph minimum in the dirt, not sand). Remember, this is just my horsepower plan, I will probly need clutch upgrades and will get better sprockets and chain when I change gearing. Any other suggetstions?

jakhammer

·
Registered
970 Posts
You should be right at 40 or a little more. I was talking with someone on here the other day with that exact setup and he said it was a whole new quad. Sounds like a great combo. I have my Z apart right now for the cams and might slap a piston in too.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
to bad there isnt a dyno sheet to look at of a set up like this. I am starting to wonder if I should stick with the old stand by, there is no replacement for displacement. Maybe I would be better off doing a big bore kit and using a DRZ gasket to gain a touch more compression. I just dont know. To many choices. ACK!.

jakhammer

·
Registered
3 Posts
Give TC Racing a call. He has been working with Z motors b4 any of these other companies. So he def is on top of his game when it comes to the zukis. his custom shorty, is an AWESOME pipe for any 4 stroke out there!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts