Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trail riding yesterday on some really ruff trails the quad was showing everyone up.The trails where really rocky and steep.I had been thru deep puddles and bogs all day with no problems my air box was dry.I was going up one of the steeper hills and it just died and wouldn't restart.I had to tow it out with my sons blaster thru 3miles of pure up hill hell. We were just about out of the woods on the steepest hill smoken the clutch on the poor blaster and the damn thing started and ran fine the rest of the day.So my question is what do you think went wrong?

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
ya...check the fuel vavle from the gas tank...ive read in another forum that the vavle was messes up, where the on and prime settings were backwards...so the fuel was messed up...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried starting it with the petcock on reserve and i dont think it was overheating as we had just taken a break and the fan was not on.After it died it did start for a brief second with the choke on all the way and then stalled when i took it off. thanks for the input.

·
Registered
221 Posts
maybe you got some dirt in your jet or on your fuel filter.

dave

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sounds like you weren't getting any fuel to the carb if it started briefly with the choke on. If it happens again switch to prime you don't need vacum to have fuel flow where as in the on position and reserve you do.

·
Registered
593 Posts
ya...check the fuel vavle from the gas tank...ive read in another forum that the vavle was messes up, where the on and prime settings were backwards...so the fuel was messed up...[/b]
i know this was along time ago, but you flooded it. you should never go to prime when it's wramed up and then to choke it on top of that.......bad deal. if you would of waited like 15 minutes or so.and not choked it.....she would have fired.

trying to get to 100 post's,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,hehe

·
Registered
660 Posts
did you check to see if your fuel level was kinda low? it seems to have a problem stalling when your low in gas. i don't think the pick up tube is properly setup in these things. also, make sure that the vent hose on the cap is not plugged up. that could cause the fuel to not flow properly.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Here is the solution to your problem. You have a drain hole in the side of the cylinder that is a drain for you plug cap. If you get water and mud into that "pee hole" it can get into the plug cap, causing you all kinds of problems. You did mention that you were going through some mud and water. That happened to me, it just so happened that I turned the petcock to reserve and it fired but not for long but that has nothing to do with it. You need to pull your plug cap (not the plug) and spray water down into the plug area to flush the crap out of there and clean the plug cap also. Mine would sputter and shut off on me and when it would cool down it would run just fine but when it warmed up it would shut down. It cost me $25.00 at the dealer for him to fix it for me and a trip to Dayton (which isn't close). I can garantee that that is your problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts