Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To start off let me say what mods i have done. I have full Team Suzuki yoshimura exhaust, intake and exhaust hot cams, K&N air-filter, and K&N air-lid also it is jetted. I have ran the bike with these mods for over a year with no problems. I have recently done a tune up on the carb (Cleaned it) and have adjusted the valves to In(.15) and Ex(.20). The bike seems to lack power, but yet the bike fires right up and idles perfectly it also revs like a champ on neutral. But them when i ride it on quarter throttle and sometimes at 75% of the throttle it feels as if its lacking gas??? so i put it at full throttle and there's no problem But them some times it rides perfectly fine IDK -_- what the problem is??? i also changed the spark plug and cleaned out the vacuum hoses. Tomorrow i will post up a link to my video of me riding the bike and it doing the problem im talking about. Open to any trouble shooting please help.
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
If it ran fine until you took it apart than I would double check your work. Put it at TDC and make sure the timing is perfect. Also check your carb and make sure it's all put together correctly. Check and make sure carb boots are sealed. check your spark plug boot to make sure it's on tight, check for sticky choke, and put the carb on prime to make sure gas is flowing correctly.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I run my intake cams at .004-.006 inch and exhaust at .008-.010 inch. Not sure atm what that translates into for mm. I would also check CDI, carb and air boots.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If it ran fine until you took it apart than I would double check your work. Put it at TDC and make sure the timing is perfect. Also check your carb and make sure it's all put together correctly. Check and make sure carb boots are sealed. check your spark plug boot to make sure it's on tight, check for sticky choke, and put the carb on prime to make sure gas is flowing correctly.
I adjusted the valves and cleaned the carb because the bike started running like that, that's why I throw that in so you can kind of have an idea of what aren't the possibilities. But I'll make sure the valves are in spec again and that the carb is asembled properly.
Thanks

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Maybe he isn't pulling enough vacuum on the petcock and not letting enough gas threw until wot?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe he isn't pulling enough vacuum on the petcock and not letting enough gas threw until wot?
That might be it cause I have a full filter and it used to fill all the way up and know it only fills up half way. And also my bike only runs when the petcock is either on prime or res it will shut off after 2 min if I run it on ON. I took the petcock out and it was rotten so I took the two screens that were on them so the gas would flow throw.

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
We're any of your valves at or close to zero clearance before you re-shimmed?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We're any of your valves at or close to zero clearance before you re-shimmed?
It wasent off by much, Both Exhaust were off by .02 and the left intake was perfect and the right intake was of by .04! So I used the shim calculator that you put on my other post.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
To me it really sounds like crap in the carb. It may need a goog disassembly and carb dip to clean those little circuits out, get a new petcock or raptor petcock, and really concentrate on your pilot jetting

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
To me it really sounds like crap in the carb. It may need a goog disassembly and carb dip to clean those little circuits out, get a new petcock or raptor petcock, and really concentrate on your pilot jetting
It isent a fuel/air related issue i took the whole carb part and it's perfect. I'm guessing it's is a electrical problem.

·
Super Moderator
4,934 Posts
Had an in-line 4 give me issues like that once because the diaphram that raised the needle out of the jet had a pin hole in it. Needle would only raise with the throttle full open. Might be a vacuum leak going to either the petcock or the carb.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Yes vacuum issue I have seen this, make sure the two hoses that hook into the carb are right. One comes off the fuel valve, and the other comes off the carb and loops through the breather on the airbox. I have seen those not connected or mixed up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes vacuum issue I have seen this, make sure the two hoses that hook into the carb are right. One comes off the fuel valve, and the other comes off the carb and loops through the breather on the airbox. I have seen those not connected or mixed up.
Hey Doug I have a question I to have almost same exact issue with my 03 but it’s mainly stock besides a slip on and when I got it it leaked tons of gas out of the bottom of the carb got it to slow down but not stop completely so ran a hose down to the ground to keep it off my quad but that vacuum port on the carb is supposed to have a hose on it that runs to the air box you said ???? I just have mine plugged with a bolt is that okay to

·
Super Moderator
3,739 Posts
The vacuum port goes to the Petcock. It will only work in Prime position ( and maybe Reserve) if the hose isn't connected. Will run fine if this port is plugged, other than the gas situation. The other line is for a breather tube to the airbox. If you plug it, I'm not sure how the carb will react, might be ok, might not. Your leak lis likely a bad needle and seat, or even more likely the O ring around that assembly. cheap fix...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts