Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I WENT RIDING YESTERDAY AND WENT OVER A LITTLE CREEK, ABOUT 6 INCHES DEEP. AFTER GOING THROUGH IT MY BIKE BEGAN TO STALL OUT. I PLAYED WITH THE GAS WENT TO THE PRI-SETTING AND GOT SOME IGNITION, BUT THEN IT STALLED OUT AGAIN. TOOK THE GAS BACK TO THE ON POSITION AND THIS TIME I REVED IT UP MORE, AND IT CRANKED BUT AFTER A HALF HOUR IT STALLED AGAIN OVER, AND OVER AGAIN. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS AS TO WHAT IS GOING ON!!! :?:

·
Registered
970 Posts
DO YOU HAVE THE AIRBOX LID OFF? YOU GOT WATER IN THE BOX I'D BET. PULL THE DRAIN PLUG AND IT WILL CRANK.

WAS THAT LOUD ENOUGH?

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Does it have gas?

·
Registered
8,639 Posts
do the obvious, check the gas, weather you have gas or have fresh gas. If not, then take out the spark plug and inspect it..... you will need to clean it and throw it back in and see how it run. Run it for about two minutes and then shut it off... take plug out and inspect to see what kind of coloartion is taking place. You can then make your determination on the problem.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the advise,yes i did have gas in it and no the air box lid was not open nor the filter dirty , but my spark plug was dirty . i'm being told that is running on too rich of a mixture and that perhaps my valves need to be adjusted, at this time my z is running fine. thaks again for your help. :)

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Glad to hear you got it working. :)

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Was your choke left on?
Check the cable that runs from the handlebar choke lever to your carb. The one time my atv kept stalling, the tube that guides the choke wire into the carb had pulled out, so my choke was on (even with the switch in the "no choke" position)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts