Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not sure what route to go. The cheaper the better
After looking at the prices on Jet's webisite Im leaning toward doing the tripple rate conversion kit, however I think the elkas look sick and seem to be the way to go. I also need a new control arm so Im tempted to do

I mainly ride in the pismo dunes, but i occasionally hit Mojave and I am going to start hitting trails at Hollister and Carnagie.

Should I go Long travel or standard travel?
Send the stocks out to be rebuilt or go with Elka's?

thoughts?

Bike is an 04 z400.

Sorry if this question has been beaten into the ground

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
I cant help you with your setup, but just looked at Jet's site and they have a very good writeup explaining how to set up your suspension and the differences between long and standard travel.

·
Registered
765 Posts
if you can afford the elka stage3's then i would go for that, to do long travel you need long travel a arms though so you have to factor that in to your budget. ive heard tons of good things about jet through another forum and also gt thunder on here, could be a cheaper option. both jet and gt thunder have gncc pro riders, so they have to be good.

·
Premium Member
4,285 Posts
unless you are going to really be flying the quad, or slamming it through whoops, i dont think long travel is really necessary.

i have it, and it is fantastic...but i could get by with standard travel just fine if i was looking to save some money.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts