Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
So I have an '03 Z400 and the frame is original I think (the metallic Blue color), and it has not been gusseted to prevent cracking.
Anyone know how to go about getting hold of a budget-friendly Gusset Kit? I saw a post on here from a while ago with someone suggesting the one by B.A.R.E Performance, and I tried to look them up but couldn't find a working website for them. Help please. Thanks y'all.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hi guys,
So I have an '03 Z400 and the frame is original I think (the metallic Blue color), and it has not been gusseted to prevent cracking.
Anyone know how to go about getting hold of a budget-friendly Gusset Kit? I saw a post on here from a while ago with someone suggesting the one by B.A.R.E Performance, and I tried to look them up but couldn't find a working website for them. Help please. Thanks y'all.
Not sure if someone will chime in... been watching this post. I too have the same model and need the same thing, I could have my old trade school make me some (or I could even go make it myself) which most people do make their own....

If you find anything out, let me know. I’ve been looking for the same. I’ve even been looking everywhere and it’s somewhat hard to find one “kit” that has all of the gussets... most of them just have a couple or missing some other GOOD pieces.... so if you ever figure anything out lmk.

I’ve found some like 45$ but didn’t look that great... I seen some 75$ but wasn’t all the pieces I wanted. Pretty positive I could make my own around 30 or possibly less. (With all the pieces I want/need, and out of whatever metal or tubing I want to use..) & weld it myself at my old trade school...

·
Administrator
7,799 Posts
I made my own, and let me tell you, it can be a headache. If you over stiffen one area, it can lead to cracks near that area. I can advise on what I did if you want to tackle it yourself. There used to be a handful of different kits, but I don't know if many are still made. Bare was the most popular one I think. I did a mixture of what they do, combined with some others.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What did you do? I want to reinforce my frame (especially around the shock mount area in front) before it has a chance to crack.
I made my own, and let me tell you, it can be a headache. If you over stiffen one area, it can lead to cracks near that area. I can advise on what I did if you want to tackle it yourself. There used to be a handful of different kits, but I don't know if many are still made. Bare was the most popular one I think. I did a mixture of what they do, combined with some others.

·
::3 Pump Chump!::
3,013 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts