Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know that this has been asked a thousand times but i want to do this right the first time . i need the best jetting specs that you guys have experience with in my type of elevation with the following mods . i have the following set up...............
yoshi full pipe
k&n filter with adaptor
outerwears airbox cover
i live in Maine with an aproximate elevation of 500 ft above sea level . yoshi told me to use a 160-165 main jet , alba told me to use a 155 main jet . i bought the alba stage 3 jet kit with the 25 pilot and 155,160,165 main jets to play with . please help with any info on any tips or set ups that you may have . i also need to know what notch to put the pilot on and how many turns on the mixture screw ???????????? thanx for your time .

·
Registered
773 Posts
where in maine are you?

·
Registered
593 Posts
this would be a good starting point and then work to dial in from there....

put in the 25 pilot
put the new needle in with the e-clip on the 3rd grove from the top, remember how the stock needle came out and put new needle in the same way.
take the 130 mian jet out and put the 155 main jet in
seat the mixture screw and turn it out 3 turns.

this should be a good starting point. if it is just a little lean, open the mixture screw a 1/4 turn if that doesn't richin it up enough, put the 157.5 or 160 main jet in and set the mixture screw back to 3 turns out. repeat up or down till dialed...........hope it helped........ :)

p.s. this would be for no lid and no snorkel with a outer wear for filter or air box.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what if i try the 160 and see how it runs (rich or lean and then go up one jet or down depending on how well it runs ? if i do this should i still go to the 3rd clip down and 3 turns out on the mixture scre ? also i live in southern maine ( saco area ) . thanx for your time and help .

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have the full yoshi, K&N with pro flow, and I have the air box lid off. It's jetted at 150 with the mixture screw backed out 3.5 turns, and the needle is at the 3rd notch. I'm at 2500 feet and the Z runs perfect. I'm not sure why Yoshi recommended that big of a main jet, here's their correction page on their website. Good luck.

http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/corrections.asp

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
how much of a difference in jetting is it if i am at 500 ft and everyone else is at around 2500 ft ???? do i go up a jet size down a jet size or is it the same ???? please help me i am going nuts with all this jetting stuff it is my first time doing this ! :(

·
Registered
47 Posts
You may be ok at the same jetting. Dyno Jet recommendations for 3000 feet and below are all the same. I would guess that they error on the safe side, so they probably jet for near sea level and "blanket" the rest of us under 3000 knowing that we will be slightly rich if anything. Just to be safe you could go up to 152.5 or 155. I think 160 would be way too rich.

Have you looked at yoshi's correction page?

http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/corrections.asp

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
finally i did it . i jetted my kfx by my self ! i put in the 155 main and a 25 pilot and turned the mixture screw out 3 1/2 turns . it rips through the entire power band and never stops untill redline . no bucking or sputtering at all . thanx for all your help . the nightmare is over and now i can enjoy rideing ! thanx again for you time and advice . dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts