Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We purchased a 04 LT50A last year. I read about removing the restrictions. So I did. I removed the intake plate. Removed the second pilot and punched out the restrictor in the muffler. It ran great for while. Then the banjo bolt on the oil pump came loose one day and fried the rings. I had it bored and put a OEM piston and rings in it. It ran ok but it was running very lean. I started bumping up the main jet size. After a lot of screwing around with it. I have pulled the motor, replaced the seals, had the cylinder and head milled. It now makes 120psi. There's a 90 main jet in it and I still have grey on the plug. I looked at a Polaris and can 50 and there main jet is a 75. How much bigger should I go?

·
Super Moderator
3,739 Posts
You should be jetting it to how it runs, not what the plug looks like.
You have made a lot of changes. i dont know what an intake plate is or why you had two pilots, and felt it necessary to lose one, and if tampering with the restrictor in the exhaust is a good or bad thing, but generally you should up the pilot when you increase the bore, and jet it to how it runs, go big till its boggy, then come back down. A two stroke should be on the edge of four stroking to make good safe power, if you know what that means.If it has that put put sound at wide open throttle, you can lean it out till its gone. That's safe power.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts