Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 ltz400. Ok so everythings been fine till riding the other day and while going up a hill it felt like something was slipping the more I gave it gas it never picked up speed. it felt like I had my clutch pulled half way in. could it be the clutch slipping or what? And also I noticed my cooling fan isn't turning on at all. What should I check first?

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Is your temperature warning light coming on?
Try letting the quad sit there and idle for a while (but watch for the temp. light, and see if the fan kicks on.

Your clutch is probably slipping or shot.. What kind of oil are you running in there?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope temp light never has come on but after a four hour ride surely theres no way it stayed cooled enough for the fan not to come on. I believe im running yamalube 10-40

·
Administrator
12,453 Posts
My fan doesn't come on all that much........
Sounds like a bad clutch but maybe check the cable to make sure it's not pulling somehow........and/or try loosening it up some.

·
Registered
463 Posts
My fan pretty much never comes on since I cleaned the mud out of the radiator:rolleyes:

Your slipping problem is your clutch, its a pretty easy fix to do yourself. You can get a tusk clutch kit for about $55 including springs, and this should fix your problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts