Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have removed the blob and want to install a tether i have one that is for an open system will this work?

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
You can make it work, by grounding out the coil. You don't have a dyna cdi right?

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Don't really know anything about the kill tether, but did you have any issues wiring up all the old blob wires to work with whatever kill button you are using?

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
Don't really know anything about the kill tether, but did you have any issues wiring up all the old blob wires to work with whatever kill button you are using?
You still having problems with yours?

·
Premium Member
7,168 Posts
You are better off using a n/c kill tether. Sell the one you have and get a different one.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
biggie can you go into detail plz i think i know what you mean, not completely sure tho

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,285 Posts
im with yogi, i prefer the NC switches. i have found that they are more common at the race track parts trailer as well...thats the main reason i switched mine over to NC from NO.

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
I agree with all of ya about the n/c tether. It's the simplest, and easiest. It won't damage the cdi, and it acts just like your stock kill.

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
Normally closed tucker

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i think the swich i have is normaly open, i hope not tho, its off a zr 440 sled thanks for the help so far guys

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
This might be my need for sleep talking but what about putting a high value resistor in the ground side of a Normally Open teather? Would that help with the strain on the cdi?

·
Premium Member
4,285 Posts
i think that would just make it not work. that is essentially making a bad ground, which is not desirable.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts