127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok,got the team alba adaptor kit with k&N
got there jet kit
got the esr airbox lid mod,"the one on ebay"
also have a team suzuki/yoshi slip-on

now its freezing out and it has been around 32 the highest
i have installed the 25pilot,160 main jet,ripped out the screen in the intake
2.5 to 3 turns out on the airscrew,and what needle position for the alba needle would be the correct set-up,i dont want to have to keep taking things apart,,,,any help

the bike runs good,with the stock needle but,iwant to use the alba needle.

·
Registered
106 Posts
When you say airscrew, do you mean the idle screw? The screw that has the black plastic handle on it used to set the idle of the motor.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I have the HMF slipon, no lid, no needle or airscrew change and a 165 main jet. Mine runs great! I would not change the needle unless yosh recomended it.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the fuel mixture screw is the screw iam talking about,effects the throttle to off throttle response.
i have everything in except the needle,just wanted to know which position i should try out,thanks

·
Registered
106 Posts
the fuel mixture screw is the screw iam talking about,effects the throttle to off throttle response.
i have everything in except the needle,just wanted to know which position i should try out,thanks[/b]
Is this the screw that is on the left side of the bike (looking forward) with the flower shaped plastic knob on it?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Z400scraper - Did your jet kit come with instructions?
I changed the needle and it has been a big pain in the ass getting it jetted right. If your running good with the stock one. i wouldn't worry about changing it. I have yet to see any big advantages, but then I havent gotten mine running exactly right yet either.. So ask around, I have a real close setup:
T4 slip on
holes in the lid and the snorkle removed
Uni - stock replacement filter
152.5 main
25 pilot
2 3/4 turns air/fuel
Needle on 3rd clip - Make sure you use the stock Nylon spacer as well
I didn't know that: and that is why i was having such a hard time, but they dont give you instructions and I thought there needle replaced the whole stock setup. However you still need the nylon washer and the steal washer.
I put my nylon spacer back under the needle clip last night and havent' had the chance to test it yet, but i'll let you know something..

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
ok,got the team alba adaptor kit with k&N
got there jet kit
got the esr airbox lid mod,"the one on ebay"
also have a team suzuki/yoshi slip-on

now its freezing out and it has been around 32 the highest
i have installed the 25pilot,160 main jet,ripped out the screen in the intake
2.5 to 3 turns out on the airscrew,and what needle position for the alba needle would be the correct set-up,i dont want to have to keep taking things apart,,,,any help

the bike runs good,with the stock needle but,iwant to use the alba needle.[/b]
If you want to use the alba needle and the stock one works fine. Set the needle clip on the 3rd slot...which should be the middle one (that's the same as the setting for the stock needle). That's what I did and it's fine.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Crazie..

Did you put the nylon spacer from the stock needle on the Alba needle?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah it runs mint with the stock needle
iam going to try something different
like running the 155 keep the 25 pliot,
and try the needle in the 4th groove,i know you have to install the nylon spacer underneath the clip.thanks for all the help,will update you when i get to ride

1 - 10 of 10 Posts