Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I want some more top for my z. Where I ride it is alot of wide open stuff. Like now I will have the z toped for like a minute. I wanted to get a pipe, whick one would give the best top end? Also anyone go for a biger sprocket in the front? how did it go?

·
Registered
384 Posts
my ct pipe has killer top end especially with the race tip on. if i didnt ride sand id go up a tooth in the front too.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
the easiest, most effective way to get top end is gearing, most pipes give better low and mid, not top end, you could simply change to a taller tire, like 22" Holeshots or something

·
Registered
715 Posts
Hot cams says changing both cams gives you something like 15% more power up top.
Haven't looked at WEB-CAMS yet but I read in another post on here that theres is even hotter.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I really dont want to get involved with changing the cams. I also need what ever I do to be some what not that loud.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
well if you don't want it to be loud, you want more top end, and you don't want to have to do some serious engine work, then gearing is you only option, really easy to do

G

·
I heard of a trick once....a friend once told me that if you increase the tube length from the airbox to the carb, then you'll have more top end.

I never tried this and don't know if it has any affect....just remember hearing it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
That is a joke, right?

I heard of a trick once....a friend once told me that if you increase the tube length from the airbox to the carb, then you'll have more top end.  

and if god wanted you giving advice he would have miracled your azz a brain and an advice column....man...you are smarter than that....right?

I never tried this and don't know if it has any affect....just remember hearing it.[/b]

This will do nothing but increase the flowpath that air must pass to reach the carb/venturi...thus, decreasing inlet velocity...pretty simple...1st year physics, elementary.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts