Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after weeks of trouble free Quadson's Z400 stalled out several times this weekend, and I was thinking someone on here could give us an idea where to start to fix it

It runs great and once warmed up, if you turn it off and then restart, it dies the instant it is given any gas. Then won't restart for a while, I think it is flooding?? What do i do?

QuadMom

Thank you!!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Be sure the gas valve is on ON or RES and not PRIME... Do you have a pipe and jet kit in this bike or what is your set up?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The setup

Yes the gas is on; we ran it for 90 minutes, turned it off, and then stalls out

It has a 145 jet, drilled air box, no snorkle, hacked pea shooter

I am going to pull the plug tonight and see if it shows running rich

·
Registered
660 Posts
i've heard of a couple of people having problems with their choke (sticking). take it to the dealer. it should still be under warranty. it sure sounds like that is your problem.

·
Registered
384 Posts
i had that problem, it was fixed by turning up my idle and putting some lock tight on the screw, what was happening is i would turn up the idle, ride for a bit and the vibration would cause the idle screw to slowly go down and kill it all the time.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A Multitude of things were wrong!

Dirty carb, sticking float, and the jet is not quite big enough, and the idle too low

·
Registered
839 Posts
I've had the same problem, my z would stall if i let it idle for a little while after I rode it for a hour. I think its idleing to low. hopefully they will fix it when I take her in for the first service.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wrong air filter oil

we had the wrong kind of oil on the filter too

1 - 8 of 8 Posts