Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,396 Posts
The Ozark 250 shares the same frame, motor, and drivetrain as the LT-Z250 - identical, except for the different bodies - so pretty much anything that will work for the Z-250 will work on this machine, too. I can imagine that some mods wouldn't work, due to the differences in the body, so check out stuff closely.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (NormalZ @ May 9 2008, 11:52 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=671588
The Ozark 250 shares the same frame, motor, and drivetrain as the LT-Z250 - identical, except for the different bodies - so pretty much anything that will work for the Z-250 will work on this machine, too. I can imagine that some mods wouldn't work, due to the differences in the body, so check out stuff closely.[/b]

Thanks a lot normalz. I thought they sare the same motor but I wasn't for sure. I will take a good look into it.

·
Registered
793 Posts
according to suzuki they are a little different gearing wise and timing wise. i don't know that there is a difference but the z250 is faster than the ozark.

so far i have found: pipe, there are a few, dynojet jet kit, hot cam and a few air filters loke k&n and uni.

but i would think all the parts will interchange as the frames are the same.

·
Registered
793 Posts
i am not sure where i heard about the difference but i believe it was dirt wheels. like i said i don't think it is a big difference just remember reading it somewhere.

i think it is time to see what can be done with these things. i know my wife loves hers but is ready for some more grunt out of it. gonna get crackin on that thing tomorrow and see what i can do with what i have here.

there are a few guys on here who have wives or girlfriends with these machines. and after a while even they need a little more power.

·
Registered
707 Posts
the only BIG downfall to the z250 is the shaft drive. i dont know of anyone who makes different gear sets for it, so no matter what you do to the engine, youll still be at the same speed no matter what.
i put a trinity racing full system on a buddys once, did all the jetting and it would haul the mail...but it topped out so fast it wasnt even fun to ride really.

·
Premium Member
10,396 Posts
QUOTE (Buck Billy @ May 10 2008, 08:50 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=671678
According to FMF the Ozark and Z250 have different bolt pattern for the exshaust.[/b]
I checked that out today. Here's what I found: Different (larger) heatshield on the headpipe for the Ozark, but they have the same headpipe under that heatshield. The cans are different - big, heavy can on the Ozark (quieter, stock) than on the Z-250. Both cans have the same (locational) mounting point on the top of the can; bolts through to the subframe. The mounting point on the subframe is in identical locations (it's the same frame/subframe). However, on the Ozark, there's one additional mounting point before the can, and it mounts to the mid-pipe. The Ozark subframe has a tab welded on it that sticks out over the mid-pipe, and the stock mid-pipe has a threaded bung (for lack of a better word) welded onto it. The mounting bolt goes through the tab, and threads into that bung. Obviously, that's there on the Ozark to support the extra weight of the larger, heavier can.

Will a Z-250 exhaust mount to the Ozark - yep. Do you need that extra mounting point, where you won't be able to bolt it into a Z-250 pipe? Nope, the Z-250 doesn't need it. The aftermarket exhaust weighs the same, no matter which machine it's bolted to. If the Z-250 doesn't need it, you won't need it on the Ozark. If you're going to keep the Ozark, you could even cut that tab right off the subframe and paint over it - just act like it wasn't there anyway.

Another difference in the frames - the Ozark has big floorboards, and they mount into the bottom frame rail at the front; bolt goes through the forward bracket on the floorboard, and bolts into another threaded bung welded to the frame. The Z-250 doesn't have that threaded bung welded onto it's frame.

Working on spec sheets now - they're twins, as far as specs go.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Correct me if im wrong but I think HMF makes a pipe for it dont they?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Shouldnt affect performance to much but the swingers are different too. The shock mount on the ozark and ltz are on opposite sides of the brace. -.- interesting might be a good cheap way to lower one or raise the other.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I bought some things for my daughter's 04 Ozark, I bought a Yoshimura slip-on, an Alba CDI rev box, and a K&N filter with an outerwears filter cover.
I won't know how well these work or if they will at all until I return from this deployment around May, but I will post once I install them to let everyone know around that time.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I was able to take some time to install parts on my family's quads. It turns out that the Yoshi slip-on for an Z250 will NOT bolt up to an Ozark. Apparently the subframe IS different...

The procom Z250 CDI unit fits perfectly, but will not work on the Ozark either.

I will be posting these items in the for sale section in the near future.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.