Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Suzuki Central! I have a burning question and I’d love to hopefully get some good input. About 10 months ago I purchased a 2006 KFX 400. This thing was almost mint (minus the cracked reverse light) and had hardly any hours on it. Was maintained and kept in a heated garage and runs like a champ.

However, I have a big issue. This quad was a very quick purchase of Craigslist, because of this I had no time to do research on issues related with this atv. When washing it for the first time, I noticed there was a fine black line across the top half of the swing arm. But because of my lack of knowledge on this machine, I thought it was supposed to be there. Fast forward to about a month ago, I was cleaning my chain and swing arm when I relized that this line was a major crack. Did some research and came up with two options. Weld or replace. Fast forward to today, I went to grease my axle carrier for the first time. Turns out the entire top half is snapped off entirely and I’ve been riding it like this ever since I bought the thing.

so here’s what I’m wondering. Do I replace it? If so what aftermarket swing arms are made for the kfx in 202? Or isit still weld able. Thanks
DBB2B9B5-6047-4CB3-BF33-6477D0D4C7B2.jpeg
DBB2B9B5-6047-4CB3-BF33-6477D0D4C7B2.jpeg 79E1F7A8-0CDF-43ED-8E30-EFB8192DA599.jpeg

·
Registered
337 Posts
i had crack right there all the way , i just weld it like few weeks ago , so far seems to held alright....

Reactions: 06KFX400In2021

·
Registered
392 Posts
Clean break and weld able, Issue is the aluminum does absorb Grease and oil and it is hard to get a nice weld. If it were me I would go with a aftermarket swingarm if you plan on keeping. There is a guy on Facebook that is making the mounting kits to use a LTR 450 arm which is a nice piece.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts