Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, its not a Z or KFX, but a YFZ I will be building over the summer. This will be my 11 year old 's machine as he's moving on from his Raptor 250. It's an ultra clean, low hour '07 I picked up for $2900. It already has Pro Armor nerfs, full skid plate, Ron Wood exhaust, K&N filter, front bumper. etc.

It will be a dune/trail machine build. Dune tires, 480 motor, ported head, intake cam, carb bore, and a few other misc. items. The plan was to hand down the KFX462 ( which he rides very well) but dad enjoys it way too much.... Can't wait to get started

Attachments

·
Administrator
12,447 Posts
the smaller, lighter quad will be better for him.
Soften up the suspension and raise the bars a bit, he'll be good to go.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep...Got the preload lightened up and the rebound set on the front... Gotta do the rear next and set the ride height

·
Super Moderator
3,363 Posts
We learned the hard way how fast kids on YFZ's are,,:frown2:

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The dunes we ride are pretty big and that's where it will be ridden for the most part. There has been countless times where he would dig in on the 250 going up the medium size hills and bowls.
We just back from St. Anthony and he rode the Z & KFX just fine. Believe me, he is limited to where I let him ride and where I lead him. The really steep hills are off limits, period. I do trust him as he's a very experienced rider, but I fully understand his limitations.

·
Super Moderator
3,363 Posts
The really steep hills are off limits, period. I do trust him as he's a very experienced rider, but I fully understand his limitations.
I guess I could have phrased it better. In our case it was getting our azze's handed to us by the kid! Only thing hurting was our pride.:surprise::laugh:

·
Administrator
12,447 Posts
I guess I could have phrased it better. In our case it was getting our azze's handed to us by the kid! Only thing hurting was our pride.:surprise::laugh:
Yeah, that sounds pretty accurate......I can't even keep up with ^^^^this guy anymore and his Z is slow.:grin2::wink2:

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
I can see a +4 swingarm in your future

1 - 8 of 8 Posts