Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok so i ended up with a Z400 in a horse trade. I figure i might as well keep it and ride it for a while. It needs a few things to clean it up a bit. You can see from the pics its rough around the edges but it's tight and runs good. Here's my list, i'm paypal ready and just want to get this thing on the trails and have it a bit more presentable.

Headlight with wiring (i have nothing on the bike now, my mounts look good)
key switch and key with wiring to the plug
seat with a good cover, or just a cover
a stock graphic set or just the tank pieces and rear fenders
yellow front fenders or a complete white set
front bumper something simple like the old DG's would be nice

Shipping would be to 16828, or i can meet up in central Pa i'm minutes from I-80, I-99 and 322. You can shoot me a PM or email me at [email protected] . net Thanks in advance, TC...

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I'd prefer white or black over the yellow, the only issue is the previous owner took the rivets out and removed the safety warnings. There is a slight bit of fading around where the stickers used to be and the gas filler area. It's not chalky or anything just not brand new...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
In all the years i've dealt with horses, never once was I offered a Z400 as part of a deal. Nice pickup!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha well i had an old triumph chopper i couldn't sell and didn't want to put any money into so i got into the machine and after buying a brand new starter and battery i will have about 1275 invested. I think i did OK, they seem like fun rides, i've only ever been around honda 400's and 450's before...

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
You'll love it. You can learn a ton from this site, and there's plenty of info. The stock Z is pretty corked as far as power, a few mods and you can open it right up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea i'm glad i found this place i'll be sure to snoop around once i get the starter this week and can actually ride it without bump starting it. It has a white bros slip on and a K&N so that should be good enough to liven it up for the leisurely riding i will use it for. Most in old strip mine areas with some moderate climbs and what not. Thanks for the warm welcome, TC...

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
Don't get fooled, slip on exhaust's do nothing but add noise. When you want to open it up, you're gonna need to get rid of that tiny little head pipe.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have a seat assembly forsale. Great condition no rips or tears.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
983 Posts
I've got a headlight and key/keyswitch. Can do both for $55 shipped.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Headlight with wiring (i have nothing on the bike now, my mounts look good)
key switch and key with wiring to the plug
seat with a good cover, or just a cover

I have all this if ya want!

·
Registered
266 Posts
I have a nice set of white Z400 plastic with American flag graphics on it. Comes complete with seat. There are 4 holes in the rear where the FTR transponder was mounted. There are also 4 small holes in the front plastic where the race hood was mounted. No bent or broken tabs.
$300 shipped.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts