Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gang,

Pleased to join "Suzuki Central."
Thanks for allowing me to do so.
I'm looking forward to getting advice and helping out where I can.
I hope my lititle beast isn't too old for this forum. I've owned my 92 250 LT-F4WD (Canadian version) since 2004 and really enjoy it. I live up here in Oak Ridges well north of Toronto, Ontario 馃嚚馃嚘. Use my machine primarily on the old muddy, rocky logging trails in the Kawartha highlands at my hunt camp.
It sat idle in my shed for 5 years and I'm currently in the process of bringing it back into fighting condition.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Tread

Administrator
Welcome. I have an 88 LTF 250 4wd. Needs some loving though..

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome. I have an 88 LTF 250 4wd. Needs some loving though..
Thank you for the welcome. 馃憤馃徎

Just out here messing with mine. 60 - 90 kilometer winds, bit of rain on and off and about 9掳c! At least no snow like the 50 cms they got in Saskatchewan and Manitoba though. Cleaned carb thoroughly (newer Mikuni than original it came with). Idles fine stationary but if I run it and come to full stop it just dies. May have to pull carb out to adjust pilot screw? I turned it out about 2 and 3/4. Thats about max spec but I guess I have to turn it out a tad more. I think it may be running a bit too lean. OK

Administrator
If you pilot is clogged, might get away with turning the screw out more, but might be wise to change it out, if you can't thoroughly clean it to get the gum/varnish out of it.
I have the Bear Claws on mine as well. 82 heading to 88 in Az, maybe I better stay a few more days. Thanks for the warning.. :)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Took apart carb recently and thoroughly cleaned. Didnt remove pilot screw though.
Perhaps when I remove the carb to adjust the pilot screw soon I'll give that an extra cleaning
Thanks

Administrator
The Pilot/ Fuel Screw should be adjustable with the carb in place.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Impossible! 馃槀 Pilot screw underneath near float bowl. Can't get my hands (or a screwdriver) under there when its fully installed. Have to at least remove air inlet tube and loosen intake pipe.
Wood Road surface Automotive tire Water Circle
Wood Road surface Automotive tire Water Circle
Silver Font Nickel Jewellery Chain
Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive tire Auto part Metal

1 - 8 of 8 Posts