Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im thionking about getting a new shifter because the stock one is to close to the foot pegs and i often get my foot caught trying to shift, will getting a new shifter help? are they longer then stock? or would new footpegs help?

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
try having a welder lengthen it by a 3/4" I did that on my Mojave and it worked well. What size shoe are you?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
11, i dont htink its my foot it just might be my boots, i have tech 6's.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Did you just get the boots? Try getting used to riding with them. When I first got my boots, I was really frustrated because I couldn't shift with them, but now I'm fine.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I had the same problem, go on the alba site and they have a really nice one there for like 34 bucks or somethin. Its very strong and looks good you should check it out.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea i checked out the alba shifter its really nice, but i fixed the problem all i did was take out the one bolt and adjust it so it is about an inch higher.

·
Registered
239 Posts
yeah, you could just adjust the shifter..( i have some tech8's) and what i did to loosen up my boots a little bit was runn scalding hot water in the tub, put em in for a min let em soak, pull em and twist and contort them

1 - 7 of 7 Posts