Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i just got my new white Z yesterday. i rode it tonight and it stalled twice on me, it didn't want to start and when it did it didn't want gas but i let it idle for a minute and it was fine. also i notice a knocking in the engine, not loud or anything but i could notic it when the bike was just idling. and my rear brake rotor was squeeking to after about an hour.. but other then those things i think this is the nicest quad i've ever riden before, it makes my warrior feel like a piece of sh!t.. i hoped it in a little mud puddle and got it nice and dirty just for shits and giggles. but it was the fastest 2 hours of my life, can't wait for tomorrow afternoon to roll around so i can do it again.

·
Registered
143 Posts
you'vepretty much named 3 common issues that have been spoken about before. its probably normal, and i wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
My engine also knocks. It has not got any worse.When I changed the oil after 2 tanks of gas it had a lot metal in the filter.I hope this engine is not JUNK. That rear brake gets on my nerves.

·
Registered
105 Posts
The brake squeak really pisses me off, it only does it in one little spot but when I put it up on a jack the disc didn't look bent. My Z also died on me last time I rode it and I have no idea why it died, the only thing I can think of is the vaccum operated petcock. It started up after I switched the petcock to reserve and put the choke on though. I don't hear any knock in my engine only some vibration at a certain RPM.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
forget adjusting the e-brake. just get a block off plate. They are only like 10 and will save your brake pads from wearing prematurely. It will also shave weight!! (like a half ounce, lol)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Mine is not the P-brake. I took my P-brake off thinking that was the problem but it wasn't.

·
Registered
100 Posts
ttt

·
Registered
13 Posts
Try different brake pads to get rid of the squeak . The back brake will be prone to squeaking because it is a solid rotor. Dust will get inside and have no way of cleaning itself out and that can cause a squeak. You can also try replacing the rotor if yours is bent or if you just want a better rotor.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Would bombin through a creek clean it out? hehehe, if not, whatever, it's still hella fun!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Guys, if you get a knock in your motor, try some higher octane gas. Don't run crap through your sweet ride!! I am running 100 octane.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
It's not a knock in the motor it is in the gear box. it almost stops when the clutch is pulled in. Yesterday I raced a CR 125 2 times I thought it would be close but I it wasn't.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
I heard installing a 400ex rotor removes the squeak. A guy on another forum tired it and he said it worked great. Just some info

·
Registered
105 Posts
After about 6 more hours on my Z the rear brake squeak just stopped midway through the day. I guess the pads just needed a little wear on them. :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts