Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

i have been a member here for quite awhile because of the wealth of knowledge on the 400, i ride a DRZ400sm that is mainly used on kart track's here in CO with a little bit of street commuting. im am currently in the process of piecing together a kick-start only DRZ400Y engine to build and compete against the 450's locally. The LTZ guys just seem to push these engine much harder then most think is possible over on thumpertalk so thanks for all the information here and thanks in advance for answering my stupid questions.

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,808 Posts
Welcome! You came to the right place. These engines are capable of more than the crank cases will take. My 490 has seen 70hp on methanol, and 65-68hp on 110. 60hp used to be a big deal. Now, I'm there by 7500 rpm, and climbing. I can definitely help you out.

·
Super Moderator
3,420 Posts
Welcome..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome! You came to the right place. These engines are capable of more than the crank cases will take. My 490 has seen 70hp on methanol, and 65-68hp on 110. 60hp used to be a big deal. Now, I'm there by 7500 rpm, and climbing. I can definitely help you out.
I have definitely been following all of your builds and dyno charts, and im pretty excited for this kick only engine that i am slowly piecing together for a little race engine. Without the e-start and all associated parts the engine should rev much more free when compared to the e-start motors, now if only i had unlimited money to speed the acquisition of parts up!

·
Administrator
7,808 Posts
I have definitely been following all of your builds and dyno charts, and im pretty excited for this kick only engine that i am slowly piecing together for a little race engine. Without the e-start and all associated parts the engine should rev much more free when compared to the e-start motors, now if only i had unlimited money to speed the acquisition of parts up!
It will be an attention getter, that's for sure!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts