Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have installation instructions for this big bore kit did not come with any and can't find any online. Main concern is the orientation of the rings on the piston and measurements for ring gap

·
Super Moderator
4,872 Posts
My 94mm was .014” on top ring and .017” on 2nd ring, markings on rings facing up (from piston manufacturer

From a searched thread:
“Rule of thumb is .004 gap for every inch of cylinder bore diameter. exp. 94mm (434) divided by 25.4(mm per inch) = 3.700inch x .004= .0148 (.015) that applies to the top compression ring, scraper ring should be figured at .005 per inch or more. Oil control rings generally just need to make sure the ends don’t touch.”
If I remember right, the manual says something like arranging the gaps so they are at 10 and 2 o’clock when the intake side of the cylinder is used as 12 o’clock. I put oil slinger keeper ring gaps opposing each other at 3 and 9. Most important thing is that they aren’t lined up in a row and they seem to not like them on the exhaust side of the cylinder.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My 94mm was .014” on top ring and .017” on 2nd ring, markings on rings facing up (from piston manufacturer

From a searched thread:
“Rule of thumb is .004 gap for every inch of cylinder bore diameter. exp. 94mm (434) divided by 25.4(mm per inch) = 3.700inch x .004= .0148 (.015) that applies to the top compression ring, scraper ring should be figured at .005 per inch or more. Oil control rings generally just need to make sure the ends don’t touch.”
If I remember right, the manual says something like arranging the gaps so they are at 10 and 2 o’clock when the intake side of the cylinder is used as 12 o’clock. I put oil slinger keeper ring gaps opposing each other at 3 and 9. Most important thing is that they aren’t lined up in a row and they seem to not like them on the exhaust side of the cylinder.
My top 2 rings are different shickness not sure which one goes on top

·
Super Moderator
4,872 Posts
What brand of rings are you using? And what is stamped/written on them?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts