Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ended up blowing my motor went and got a big bore kit and put it back together. I have checked and corrected valve clearance. pulled the head an intake valve was slightly leaking. a mechanic said its not enough of a leak to cause no compression. he also said the decompression part of the exhaust cam is good. So I pulled the cylinder bore off. bore is fine and piston ring gap is good. piston ring orientations are good. am I missing something?

· Premium Member
6,869 Posts
I would question if the cam timing was correct. That can dramatically affect compression pressure. I like to use a leak down tester to find issues like this. It would have to go back together to do that.

· Administrator
3,991 Posts
The rivets on some of the headgaskets are really close to the head. If they get pinched between the head and base cylinder you will lose compression there.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would question if the cam timing was correct. That can dramatically affect compression pressure. I like to use a leak down tester to find issues like this. It would have to go back together to do that.
timing was correct. checked it multiple time to verify. that's gonna be my next thing to do gonna lape the valves before I install the head. are the headbolts reusable on these?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts