Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have changed the harness, plug, battery, and trying to figure out how to check the coil... An ideas on a cause? Can the CDI be checked?

·
Premium Member
4,890 Posts
there is one thing that can take the spark and you could boggle the brain till you find it ,and ...............it does not happen very often . I'm talking about the flywheel key ,if it has sheared ,even half way then there will be no spark. but I'd first confirm all the other things first.

·
Administrator
7,842 Posts
The only way to test a cdi is to replace it with a known good one. They do go bad from time to time.

The stator is also a common culprit. There is a test procedure in the service manual. I don't remember exactly what it is anymore.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stator

The only way to test a cdi is to replace it with a known good one. They do go bad from time to time.

The stator is also a common culprit. There is a test procedure in the service manual. I don't remember exactly what it is anymore.
I am trying to find a way to test the stator. I have checked all others coil, battery, plug, and no luck. New CDI on the way.

·
Registered
50 Posts
is it no spark or a weak spark? if its weak try replacing your pick up coil, if not like cfm said replace cdi, take out the cdi box and smell it, if it smells like burnt plastic its done.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Last 2 times I lost spark it was a bad cdi.. When i had weak spark,or spark about every 3rd revolution of the motor it was a bad coil. So if you lost your spark completely it's probably a bad cdi.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 06 ltz 250 an I have replaced the wiring hardness an the cdi stator coil fuses hell I have replaced the whole wiring harness an stall can't get it to fire PLZ HELP ME ...........

·
Registered
8 Posts
there is one thing that can take the spark and you could boggle the brain till you find it ,and ...............it does not happen very often . I'm talking about the flywheel key ,if it has sheared ,even half way then there will be no spark. but I'd first confirm all the other things first.
What do u mean the fly wheel key I know what the key is but could u explain a little more cause I have a 06 ltz 250 an I have replaced ever thing on it an stall can't get the thing to fire so hopefully this might be my probably if u don't care msg me an tell me a little more about it so I can cheack an see

·
Super Moderator
4,744 Posts
Are you not getting any spark at all when holding the spark plug next to the frame?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Idk what else to do to it I have done replaced everything I thought it could have been like the cdi coil spark plug hell the whole wiring hardness too an stall nothing

·
Administrator
7,842 Posts
Have you tested the kill switches? I've seen people beat their brains out, trying to figure out a problem like this, and it end up being a bad switch. If it has any aftermarket tether switches added, I'd test or temporarily disconnect that also.

·
Super Moderator
4,744 Posts
I assume you’ve replaced the spark plug and plug wire and all grounds are good. Kill switch and safety switches would be next. Any output from the stator?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yea I bought I used one off eBay an I mean it turns the Moto over an works like it souposed to I have done eventhing I no to do am about to just part it out or something

·
Super Moderator
4,744 Posts
So the battery and starter work, but does the stator put out power? A used one off EBay is hardly reliable. Need to find which component isn’t working rather than throwing used parts at it. You’re just getting broke fast doing that.

·
Super Moderator
4,744 Posts
Kill switch and neutral switch check good?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yea my dad tested it in ohms an it said it was good an it turns the motor over an we tested the neutral switch an it tested good too but tell me what u think they should be reading an I'll test them again an cheack cause I might not be checking something right

1 - 20 of 22 Posts