Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for options. I continue to have an intermittent spark on a 2003 Z400. I checked wiring, ignition coil, CDI, and replaced stator. Help!

·
Premium Member
4,890 Posts
spark plug boot ?

·
Administrator
12,447 Posts
Crank the engine while moving the wires around by hand to see if it changes the way it reacts. Start out in the area by the CDI.

·
Super Moderator
4,510 Posts
Take a very good look at the CDI pins on the harness. One could easily be pushed back a little farther than the others and barely make contact. I've seen it more than once. If not, any other plug in the circuit could be doing the same, as well as a loose ground. The spark plug boot is also a possibility.

·
Administrator
12,447 Posts
Take a very good look at the CDI pins on the harness. One could easily be pushed back a little farther than the others and barely make contact. I've seen it more than once. If not, any other plug in the circuit could be doing the same, as well as a loose ground. The spark plug boot is also a possibility.
Hmmm. Maybe that was my issue. Nick kept saying one of the pins looked a little different. Oh well, I replaced the harness and it's fixed (again).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Replaced wiring harness per Suzuki dealer with no change. Replaced CDI, coil, regulator, stator, key switch, starter relay and still no consistant spark. Any other ideas?

·
Premium Member
4,890 Posts
run a wire from the battery + side to the coil . any thing happen ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts