Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my ltz 400 is running rich I'm not sure how to fix it. Is there a fuel screw I can adjust. If so where is it located. Pictures would be helpful.

·
Super Moderator
4,679 Posts
What indication is telling you it’s rich? There’s some good info in here on carb adjustment:
The screw is on the bottom of the float bowl. If the carb has never been jetted from stock, it will have a cap over it that you have to drill a small hole in and pry it out.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I put a new spark plug in and it started up and ran for about 15 minutes then seemed to bog down when I hit the throttle then it shut off. I haven't taken the new spark plug out to check it yet.

·
Super Moderator
4,679 Posts
I have no idea what you have in there, but it could need new jets. It could also be a stator failing.

·
Administrator
7,841 Posts
This sounds like it could be more than a jetting issue. How does it run when it's running?

·
Administrator
7,841 Posts
The jetting won't usually be fine for 15 minutes then get bad enough to die. I think you may have something else going on. What you may want to do is test the spark after it dies. This issue sounds like what bad stators do sometimes. With some stator failures, they will work until they get to a certain temp, then break connection. You may also try testing the stator by the specs in the manual, if that's something that you're familiar with. I could be barking up the wrong tree, but it's worth checking.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
After I start it I can eas in to the throttle and it works just fine but if I snap it real quick it dies.

·
Super Moderator
3,452 Posts
That's a sign your fuel screw is out of adjustment. Try going richer and leaner from there. Try it with the choke on, see if richer helps, but might be too much..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts