Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What octane do you guys run thru your Zs? I didnt know if I had to run premium with the 11.3:1 Comp Ratio. Let me know asap, thanks

·
Registered
88 Posts
You can run a premium 91 octane through it with no problems, I like to run race gas through mine. You don't have to go to that extreme, but it's just something I have always done, and I have never had a problem with fuel.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I only put premium gas in my Z. Hawk-How much does race gas cost? I wouldn't spend my money on race gas for a stock quad, i think u should mill ur head and put that race gas to use.

Later

·
Registered
379 Posts
You only need 91 octane for optimum results. I will probably have to mix after my 440 but I don't know the compression yet. VP came out with a new race fuel for 4 strokes called Ultimate 4. It's about $8 a gallon and gives 3hp. I will give it a shot when I get my bike back. It does however have a horrendous smell.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys, just gettin ready to buy my first tank of gas and wasnt sure what the dealer put in it. WP, they make a gas additive thaqt makes the gas smell a certain flavor (root boot, grape, pina colada, etc.) It doesnt effect speed or HP at all. It was originally designed for alcohol dragsters. Check it out.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Maybe it will nausiate the riders behind me and keep them off my tail.

·
Registered
186 Posts
thanks guys, just gettin ready to buy my first tank of gas and wasnt sure what the dealer put in it. WP, they make a gas additive that makes the gas smell a certain flavor (root boot, grape, pina colada, etc.) It doesnt effect speed or HP at all. It was originally designed for alcohol dragsters. Check it out.[/b]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been putting Regular 87 octane from Rickers in mine and it runs fine.I really dont think high octane will help, but it wont hurt either.
Where do you get the smelly stuff? I like the smell from a 2stroke thats running Klotz :roll:

hey you live close to me. 15 or 20 miles. Do you ever go up to Barnies farm? East of Fairmount. See my post about dirt drags in Gaston?

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Barneys

Ya I went to Barneys yesterday and am planning to go again tmrw morning. I didnt see your post about the Gaston drags but I know the guy who won them last year and Im gonna go watch. Dont have enough done to my Z yet to run it. Let me know if u wanna meet at Barneys tmrw.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts