Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i changed the oil and filter....and put in 2 quarts like the book says.......and it is not full....well i measured the oil that came out of it and it was 2 1/2 quarts.
How much do you guys put in it when changing the oil?.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
So we're to use two and a half quarts? Is that the general consensus?

·
Registered
118 Posts
O-rings

It says in the service manual to change the two O-rings during the filter change. I bought a filter from my dealer, but there are no O-rings with the filter. Do you have to buy them separately??

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Yep separately. I haven't changed my o-ring yet, it looks brand new and it is not damaged at all. I clean it off every time I change the oil so no dirt gets on there. My dealer said don't bother changing it unless its damaged.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Two O-Rings

There are two O-rings right? The small one in the filter and a large one that looks like it seals the cover? Which one was the dealer talking about. I can't imagine the large one needs to be changed every time!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Service manual

I just got mine and there is a picture pointing to both of the O-rings. It says to change the O-rings every oil filter change. I'll confirm it tonight when I go home.

·
Registered
81 Posts
i just changed my oil last night for the second time and i dont remember a small o-ring on being on the filter either time? i hope its not missing, now im wondering too.

·
Registered
81 Posts
when i pulled out the original filter that came in the bike it didnt have an o-ring on it...unless it fell of or stuck in the engine and i didnt know it. i guess ill have to go to the bike shop and confirm whether im missing the o-ring or not.

·
Registered
81 Posts
went home and checked my old filter for 0-rings...not even a place on the thing to hold one. then i looked in the manual where it shows the picture of the filter with arrows pointing to them. one of the arrows is pointing to large 0-ring that goes on the cover, and the other arrow is pointing to the spring on the cover. made me feel better, i thought i had been running the thing for the last twenty hours missing an oring.

·
Registered
81 Posts
nah. i just wipe all the crap off of it. i think its good as long as its still soft and pliable.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts