Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long does it normally take for oil to start seeping out of the pressure check location on the backside of the head? (with starter or running)

I have an 04 and theres four that i know of, two on the right side case cover, one on top of the case cover and the one on the head. The ones on the top of the case cover(8mm bolt) and the backside of the head(10mm bolt) dont seep any oil, the lower two do. I have turned it over with the starter for 30+ seconds and even had it running for 10-15 seconds? I just put a cp 95mm piston in the motor so am i just being parinoid? piston was oiled during instalation and cams are coated with moly lube. any ideas?

·
Registered
800 Posts
Is the little jet in the oil passage up to the head clogged? It should only take a split second with it running to get oil up to the head.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no, the topend was off for a day. i took it out and cleaned it 2 weeks ago when it was off that time. lol now that you mention it i had the same problem last time. a little compressed air helped. keep shootin, i would love to get my wallet out of its attack stance, its making me nervous.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Do you have good pressure off the oil tap by the oil filter?

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
are you refering to the 8mm bolt pointing upwards? no nothing out of there. it was only down for a day, before that there was oil to the top end.

·
Registered
800 Posts
well then your oil pump isn't pumping!! start by pulling your clutch cover and clutch Assembly off and see if the plastic gear that turns the oil pump is missing any teeth or installed correctly. its a piss poor design that Suzuki used with the plastic gear, i actually lost an entire topend due to the plastic gear failing as well as many others on here.

·
Registered
800 Posts
either that or there is an issue with your oil filter being plugged or installed incorrectly

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the gear is fine, going to pull off filter(have another) and change oil and try some way to prime it. hummmm deee dum.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Changed the oil and filter, i now have oil up top. the filter was installed correctly. I belive the problem was that the oil had drained out of the oil tank, so when I was cranking it the tank was dry, and putting oil in the tank solved it:) Thanks smokedya2 for bouncing ideas around. really helped:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts